Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Maybe You Wouldn't, But I Would

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joe Ram on June 30, 2002 19:18:54 UTC

Thanks for the vote of confidence Mitch!

I realize you do not know me, or I you, but the advice you gave is totally opposite of what I was asking for. I did not ask for 3 reasons to not take apart my scope.

I appreciate your suggestion to have someone else clean the scope. I have thought of sending the scope out for cleaning, but I don’t want to pay someone for what I can do. Also, I want to learn more about the scope and improve its’ performance.

I am not a novice, nor an expert, but in all hobbies we should be encouraged to experiment. Experimentation is the best way to gain experience and further your knowledge.

I highly recommend instead of being a pessimist, be a teacher and take the time to help people to understand and learn. Do not discourage people, but rather skillfully encourage!

I apologize if I offended you or anyone else, but I am tired of seeing so many replies being way off base….. often discouraging. We have to embrace the new folks, as well as the seasoned ones, and help them along when needed. Be it cleaning optics, star hopping, or some other lesson in life…. Encourage not discourage!

Thanks again for your answers that are specifically related to the questions in my initial posting.

Joe Ram

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins