Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks For That Bob

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Crawford-Raby on June 25, 2002 06:09:45 UTC

Thanks Bob,

I was really hoping that you would respond, as I knew from your previous posts, and responses to some of my posts, that you had the 12" LX200.

I must say that I am definitely locked into the purchase of a 12" LX200 GPS now, as when its all said and done, I'd rather a jack of all trades type scope when I'm starting out, so I can work out what my future needs will be, rather than going 'hm, its great on the moon and planets but I wish it could...' etc. Admittedly yes, there are better scopes out there like the Tak's, but with their accompanying price tag, they just aren't for a semi-amateur like I am.

Besides, the minister for finance (the missus) would hardly approve $20k at this point. I must say I had the impression that the Tak 106 came with a motor drive, tripod etc, but just not the goto unit which was an accessory. Clearly you are correct in that it is a connoisseur's scope, and perhaps something that I'll consider further in the future if I get serious.

Thanks again for your input, its very much appreciated.

regards,

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins