Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Help LX90 Autostar Doesn't Track

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by David on April 28, 2002 15:24:33 UTC

I have a new LX90 (first telescope). I follow the alignment procedure after entering the user information. The autostar will then point to whichever target I request. It is fairly accurate and takes little adjustment to center the target in the 26mm eyepiece. The problem is the telescope does not track. The target moves out the the eyepiece fairly quickly to the east. From my understanding the autostar should track automaticly without using polar allignment if you use the two star or easy allignment from the home position. I have the Dec and RA locked after leveling the telescope and pointing to polar north. I make sure "astromomical" is selected under target in the setup menu. I can even hear the motors working if I put my ear to the mount. It just doesn't follow the star or planet or even the moon. I did have a ETX90 for a few days until it broke. I had the same problem with it. This leads me to beleive that I must be missing something. If any one is familiar with the Autostar system, I would be very greatful for some help. Thanks

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins