Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not Too Bad---

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Munksgard on March 18, 2002 16:28:53 UTC

The 12' Meade GPS scope is 73 pounds, and the tripod is another 50 pounds. I can have it all in the back of my Toyota 4 Runner in less than 15 minutes. Once I'm at my hill site it takes me 10 minutes to setup. I'm 52 years old, and I do this all by my self. Practice setting it up in your house until you have getting on & off the tripod down cold. I tried having my big beefy son help me move it around-that was worse. Do it yourself; you have more control. If you don't extend the tripod before you set the scope on, the base the scope sets on is about waist high for me (I'm 5' 10").
I say go for the big one!
Good luck & have fun.
David M.
Windsor, Ca.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins