Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Anger....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tony Coleman on January 8, 2002 05:13:12 UTC

Well..to start off today I looked at my manual for my scope and it said the eye piece barrels are 1.25 and to buy 1.25 so I went to the only place within 200 miles of me that sells telescope stuff to buy eye pieces and some other stuff and of corse all they sold were 1.25 barrel so I get back home and guess what..the box..the manual well to be honest I wanted to burn them...seems that the scope calls for .9 instead of 1.25( I did buy some nice eye pieces though)so ive got to find an adapter. Also I bought some charts and a nice big astronomy book(discoverys the night sky)Ive also been getting astronomy mag for about 2 months now.But im in a tightspot...ive called all over and theres only one place within 200 miles of me that even sells telescopes and accessories for them and they only sell 1.25 barrel eye pieces no adapter and cant order any..and thats not even the best part of it..in a month there converting over to strictly bird watching no more scopes at all..so now I guess ill have to find a way to shop online or something because the only other place that sells stuff near me would be chicago and thats 375 miles which to me is a little far to drive.Ive noticed on my scope..where the eye pieces goes in..the whole piece it slides into screws off the top of the focuser..i looked threw my stuff that came with it..and theres another piece that can screw on in its place and it has the 2 tightener screws for like eye pieces but the middle of it is huge like 3 inchs wide i have no idea what thats for.Anyways ill quit jabbing right now if anyone knows a website or place i can get an adapter please post. thanks - tony

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins