Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Its Not That Bad

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tony Coleman on January 7, 2002 04:50:59 UTC

well after using it every night that weather would allow and litterly being out in single digit weather the scope isnt that bad the locking tripod is junk it worked the first few nights and now it doesnt lock and the motor freezes up when out in the cold for more then a few hours. After going threw countless amounts of batteries I had to buy very expensive batteries to deal with the cold and even they had there breaking point.The scope came with 3 eye pieces and 1 barlow3x the barlow3x is junk..also it has an sr4 eye piece,h25mm and a 2.5mm the only one i can see anything good threw is the 25 im not a genius with eye pieces so can anyone give me any advice. Overall its ok for what i paid out i got great views of jupiter but i cant see saturn for nothing or anything else besides the moon and single stars im wonder if my scope is powerful enough for like star clusters nebula stuff like that and what eye pieces or addons do i need. thanks anyone for help

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins