Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Using The Barlow That Came With The DS-114EC System.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Bob Richardson on January 2, 2002 01:51:57 UTC

Can someone explain to me as to how to use the 3X Barlow that came with the Meade DS-114EC Reflector scope? Without it, I can get a clear picture of the Moon and jupitor. With it, I get a large blur. Do I need to buy a better quality Barlow? I'm using the 25mm lense that came with the set.

I was able to see Jupitor and Saturn. The view of Jupotor with the 4 moons on my old Refractor scope is larger and clearer. How can I achieve the same or better view with this new Meade DS-114EC Reflector scope?

The instructions that came with this system are very poor. With the so called 50% discount, I'm beginning to wander if this scope is really worth the $200.00 that I paid.

Thanks,

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins