Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Meade SCT Focuser Assembly Replacement?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Chad LaFever on December 9, 2001 21:01:21 UTC

Hello,

I was reading some threads and am making people aware of a new product I've developed. I've hesitated to post this informatin but considered the fact that so many folks have the same problems that it would be benificial. I'm doing it in the interest of the community and just trying to make people aware of a product that can solve some real problems that everybody is talking about.

I originally made this unit for myself and a friend to overcome the backlash that exists in the stock mechanism.

I've developed a totally new focuser assembly that virtually eliminates backlash in the focuser mech. I think you'll like the design. It is spring loaded in the thrust direction and also has considerations for backlash in the connecting rod/pin connection.

http://www.sunflower.com/~clafever/ezt/ncsct.html

I would appreciate any feedback offered as I'm trying to make this available to everyone at a reasonable price with the features they desire.

Thank for your consideration.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins