Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
When You Get Back...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on September 3, 2001 18:17:38 UTC

I know you probably won't read this for a while, but I'll post it anyway; even though I've been getting the impression that you're getting fed up with this topic. :)

"this is emotional and I choose it to be so. I could treat family and friends as relations developed through evolutionary processes, or I could treat them as personal contacts within my deep heartfelt experiences. I choose the latter."

This is one of those cases where you can have your cake and eat it too. Just because friends are relations developed through evolutionary processes does not invalidate the warmth you recieve from the relationship, as so many anti-scientists tend to suggest. Science doesn't suck the humanity out of life: it just reminds humanity that there is more to life than itself out there. It doesn't destroy the joy life brings, but it puts it into perspective. It doesn't limit human experience itself, but it reminds humanity where those limits already were.

I get the same amount of joy out of a friendship as the next guy, trust me. No matter how rational we may be, emotions are still an integral part to us.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins