Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Celebrate The Creation (the Gift)? What Next?!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on September 2, 2001 13:35:44 UTC

My Dear Richard,
In Islam this event is celebrated every moment! Because in every breath (the living breath) there is rebirth! Inanimate objects are not worshiped or celebrated in Islam it is the life in them that is celebrated. You see a dead piece of wood is just that but a living tree has life. You plant this dead piece of wood in any place it will not come back to life unless Allah gives it life. Some may be wise to study Islam in full before jumping to conclusions. We say daily seventeen times "Praise is due to Allah the sustainer of the worlds" and this we say also before and during every bight of food that we eat (in our minds we say this prayer at every moment so that we restrain ourselves from doing wrong! If we do not remember to state, aloud or in our mind, this prayer then we are sure to be of those who make errors). Now you are, according to my understanding of what you wrote of what the bible had to say, tell us to celebrate the creation (the gift) and not the creator (the giver of the gift)!? What next?! I hope that it is just I not understanding where you are coming from. Otherwise, I should have to say, that you misunderstand what you are stating from your understanding of the bible.

To this day you and I read the same bible and we both understand it in totally opposing views.

As ever challenging

Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins