Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Theosophy

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 30, 2001 13:56:51 UTC

Thanks Harv,

I am afraid that I am resonating with your ideas. My intuition is that a creator god, if any had to be rather abstract and perhaps not the "approximation" that has been communicating with the human race down through the ages. However, your devine order is close to the "I am that I am". The devine order exists in a certain way and that defines everything else. It just is. No need for intelligence or even logic. It defines logic.

I first ran into notions of Monad many years ago while in the study of Theosophy. Can you relate your ideas to those of Theosophy? Are you a part of that tradition? I have never seen anything about mathematics in Theosophy, so either that is a new development or you are coming from an independent line of thought and using some of the same words.

In short, I would like to know alot more about your thinking and that line of thought. Perhaps you could point me to some existing literature or on-line discussions for background information rather than my asking you question after question that just covers old ground. I much prefer breaking new ground.

Respectfully,

Richard

PS: No knowledge of Category Theory except a little from reading Baez.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins