Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Doubt It.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Beth S. on August 29, 2001 18:48:02 UTC

If you look at phil/scientific thought, they were essentially the same way back in Ancient Greece. They called up until about 200 AD the pre-axial era. Axial was from 600 bc to 200 ad and that was about the time of most of the major religious figures and the nature of it all changed from ritualistic to intent and thought. After 200 ad, it was called the post-axial era, no more enlightnement. So what are we on now? Science. If there was something next what would it be? I don't think we would be able to revisit any of the prev. eras because that would be a de-evolution of thought. I honestly don't think we could concieve of an 'after' science.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins