Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
For Many Reasons,

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on August 29, 2001 01:31:17 UTC

Really, I have come to believe in what I believe based on information intake that I can "Chew On" (mentally and spiritually), and make decisions as to what feels/sounds logical, or better yet what sounds roght to me (My Logic). On the other hand I almost have to throw out logic (to some degree) with respect to faith, because in my head, heart, or whatever internal tool/facility I use, sometimes faith ends up being illogical, and has many grey areas to it. Yes? I can say that in order to have faith, logic and illogic are of no consequence because faith just "IS". Am I right, or do you agree with me? Yes, you have to believe it to have faith. Whether it makes sense or not...

I have come up with a theory, posted in this forum, it was very hard for me to write/post because I felt it would be a very controversial topic. In short it was a belief of how GOD came to be. I have come to find out, that in this forum, there are theories that ponder the same thoughts, not in the sense of taking the same path as my theory did, but people who wish to convey their thoughts as to "The Beginning". The reason I posted it here was two fold.

1) I believe it and wish to share it.
2) I wished to get others thoughts on my theory.

I was shocked to find out, that with tons of respect, people did not call me nuts/crazy for thinking this, Hey I'll admit it, I'm happy for that. People responded from many different angles. Whether it was spiritual, scientific, or otherwise I got answers/responses that that were honest opinions whether we were in agreeing with me or not. It's totally cool.

I answer based on the above, others answer as best as they can, or with what ever effort(s) they choose. Some people are harder to respond to than others. I know that, right or wrong, we are all looking for an answer from that person directly. Maybe that's what he/she felt was appropriate. That can't be wrong. Can it?

Rob

I hope that this helps.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins