Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Flights Of Fancy

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 29, 2001 00:03:12 UTC

As I said it's all allah or nothing. There may be nothing else and that would be very disappointing if I s0mehow had the consciousness to realize it. And I think that would make the struggle of life meaningless. So I struggle to give my life meaning. As someone once said about me, it's all wishful thinking. But I have had contact with spirits that seem to be legitimate. But then again I could have been fooled. And in addition, I have found a way for the other side, whatever it is, to either reinforce my thoughts and actions, or to diminuish them. So that makes me partial to flights of fancy.

Besides it's my nature to consider all possibilities imaginable. A high school teacher of mine described as an idea man. That came in very handy when I was working on Star Wars (the military system) and could be very creative since it was all a bluff anyway. Anything in space is inherently vulnerable.

So it's nice to be in agreement with someone on this forum. That seems rare. I first got the idea that the so-called spiritual world was very mechanistic from reading Theosophy, like 30 years ago. Right or wrong, I was just coming over from atheism and the rather mechanical models they claim to explain spiritual phenomena made it so much more believable. Since then I have found contradictory models in other sources, which has kept me from pinning my hopes on any one way of thinking. But I do believe it's all physics. We just do not have enough data yet.

Most recently I read a channeled piece of literature from Noem (spelling might be off- he claims to be the big god- they all do) who says that prayer is good for the soul, but does nothing for god and will not be answered by god. If there is a god, either it is rather fragmented, or it deliberately sends mixed messages to keep us in the dark. So the only answer in my mind is not theory( or reading) but experimentation. If something works for you, just keep on doing it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins