Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sometimes Complaint Is Warranted

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on August 28, 2001 04:38:04 UTC

Thank you for arguing with me point by point, though. Although I still think you're wrong:

"It seems to me that some one is asking me to type the book and post it on the web."

Hardly. What Yanniru wanted was for YOU to do the arguing instead of a book. Just put up the main points and we can debate them. Either that or the issue is never explored. Your choice.

"I was only responding to the concluding sentence of that particular posted message that you have chosen to refer to."

Yeah, that's the problem. Rather than deal with someone's post as a whole, you tend to take one small supporting sentence, attack it, and say no more. That's not a good way to debate. Attack the main points.

"Diversion? How so? I am just sharing information that leads to additional knowledge."

There's nothing wrong with posting references. I post references. But I counterbalance my references with arguments of my own. I would say that a good 2/3 of your main posts are simply a link to somewhere else. Why don't you do point-by-point analyses of people's opinions rather than just saying "Look over there!" and bolting?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins