Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
We Answer, How We Answer! Ladies & Gentlemen Please...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on August 28, 2001 04:37:32 UTC

OK,

I've been on this "GOD & Science" forum for about three and a half weeks now. I happen to find every aspect of what is said to be absolutely fascinating. Some topics I agree on, and some I don't. I try to keep an open mind to all subject matter presented, and I look for input when needed. NO PROBLEM there.

I also respond to messages/topics as they move me.

This particular "New" thread "We answer. how we answer..." could be taken to be a bit of a contradiction, but I am going to say my piece just to get it out.

Why should we complain as to HOW someone responds to a topic. I have seen a lot of complaints regarding the types of responses given to others.

People, We answer how we answer. Is that not good enough? Some people respond by writing back, and others might respond by placing links or giving references to periodicals, articles, and other religious/scientific books.

I answer to "what moves" me accordingly. I have yet to place a link, or mention a book. To be quite honest, I don't read much, well let's call it very little, except for what is in this forum.

Maybe, to some that would be considered bad, because it might not make what I say valid. Of course now that you know that, my responses might not be taken as serious. But I answer with what I've got. My mind, my heart, and my soul. Personally, I don't see, with respect to this forum, that I need much more. Maybe thats my excuse not to help overcome a little "Attention span" issue that I have. Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand, I see quite a bit of responses very short, only revealing books, links, etc..

That is not bad, not at all. The people who do this, obviously feel/think that this is the best answer to give according to them, and I imagine the resources given, instead of a wriiten response, are put there to better explain a point, or how that person wishes to convey a response. The answers might be more complete.

I also have seen people complain about responses that seem to have nothing to do with the question, or thread. Well, then ask that person to iterate some more, or try to find out why they responded the way they did.

DON'T COMPLAIN. What good does it do?

of course, that's why I said this thread might sound a bit contradictory in a sense because in a way, it's a complaint itself. I had to say my piece.

Remember, We answer how we answer. Take it for what it's worth, and if something doesn't suit you, enquire further. There is obviously a reason the response came back that way. The efforts put in by that individual were done with the best intentions and meaning. Our energies should never be considered a waste, nor thought meaningless.

Good days ahead to all

May your GOD be with you

Peace

Rob

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins