Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Prediction Of Rapture

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 27, 2001 12:14:13 UTC

Quote from the current issue of the New Scientist:

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE
It shields us from lethal cosmic radiation and shelters us from the
solar wind. The Earth's magnetic field is our great protector - and it's
getting weaker. Without this protective shield our planet could become
as sterile as Mars, and scientists fear it could be on the verge of a
temporary shutdown. The Earth's magnetic field is created by a huge
sphere of swirling molten metal at its core. No one is sure how the
field is produced, and we don't know when or for how long it will close
down - but we'd better find out. To do this we'll have to build a very
precise, miniature replica of the Earth's core. Adrian Cho discovered
how. Take 14 tonnes of hightly explosive metal, melt it at 110 degrees
Celsius in a large vessel and stir vigorously...
Read the full feature in New Scientist magazine"

You have to buy the magazine to get the full article. And of course it does not say rapture explicitly. But if the magnetic field disappears for awhile, as some scientists think it does when it flips north to south every 20,000 or more years, then everybody will get radiation sickness. It's like the Judgement Day.

Well not quite everybody. Afterall it's been happening every 20,000 to 30,000 years for as long as geologists can determine, and humans along with other species have survived the flip.

Are we all going to flip out? How can we avoid it? Well the US government in its wisdom conducted a dramatic test, some think too dramatic, at Hiroshima where everybody in the radiation zone got radiation sickness except everybody in a certain Zen Macrobiotic hospital that was within the radiation zone.

So rapture or the final judgrment is when god takes away all the carnivores. Last time it presumably knocked of the hunters leaving the earth to the gatherers. The hunters tended to be warlike anyway. It's a short step from hunting animals to hunting humans. Same technology. And Jesus did say that roughly every other person standing out in the field would be taken. That's half the worlds population. So you rapture types. Is it good to go or is it good to stay?

Now I'm not promoting macrobiotics. I passed through that phase some 40 years ago. In fact lately I've been consuming mucho anamal products to grow cartilege in my knee that I blew out racewalking last fall- right before the nationals. But now I'm ready to turn vegetarian. Does anybody know how to track the strength of the magnetic field? There will soon be a market for a cheap product of that sort. Maybe we should get the US gov to do it and put the results on-line on a daily basis. Soon the field strength will be published right below the weather along with the polution warnings in your daily paper.
And on TV it will lead up to the 4 billion person jackpot.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins