Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
'Forever Peace! As Ever In Combat, With Pen, Paper & Ink'

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on August 25, 2001 19:43:44 UTC

May Allah (G_D) be pleased!

'Forever Peace! As ever In Combat, With Pen, Paper & Ink'

My Dear Sisters & Brethren,

Here is an interesting reading from the pages of "The Book of Knowledge":

From the chapter "On the Properties of the Student an the Teacher" [SECTION FIVE, paragraph one]:.... ...."For the formal properties and duties of the student are many but may be classified under ten headings:"...[paragraph nine]........'It has been said: "Knowledge humbleth the haughty youth, As for the flood washeth away the hill."

Thus knowledge is not attained except through humility and harkening. God said, "Lo! Here is warning for him who hath a heart or harkeneth with his ear while he himself is an eye-witness."

By "him who hath a heart" is meant the person who is prepared and capable of understanding knowledge but would fail to do so unless he would open his ears and heart and would attentively, humbly, thankfully, gradually, and gratefully receive whatever hi is told. Let, therefore, the pupil be his teacher like soft soil which has received heavy rain and completely absorbed them. Whatever the teacher should recommend to the people the latter should follow, putting aside his own opinion since his teacher's faults are more useful to him than his own right judgment because experience would reveal details which might be strange but are nevertheless very useful. Often a physician may treat a patient suffering from fever with warm applications and drinks in order to increase his resistance to withstanding the shock which results from the administration of the medicine. [Because of his ignorance the uniformed would be amazed by this treatment. God pointed out the possibility of such a thing through the story of Al-Khadir and Moses where Al-Khadir, addressing Moses, Said, "Verily thou canst not have patience with me; how canst thou be patient in matters the meaning of which thou comprehendest not?" He then allowed Moses to follow him on condition that the latter would maintain silence and ask no questions, and said, "If you follow me, ask me knot of aught until I have given thee an account thereof"] Nevertheless Moses did not wait and persisted to query Al-Khadir with the result that they had to part company. In short, be sure that every pupil, who would hold fast to his own opinion and choice in defiance to those of his teacher, is doomed to disappointment(s) and failure(s).'........

To follow the rest of the story one can obtain this book "IHYA ULUM-DIN" or ("THE BOOK OF KNOWLEDGE") AL-GHAZALI/ TRANS AHMAD A. ZIDAN/ code:0039.001 / [HB 499 pages].

0r direct at:http://www.nait.net/studies5.html

I have a copy and it is highly recommended for any student of the sciences as well as students of religion and religious science.

'The learned Invest in reading, learning, leading, serving, succeeding, and in sharing!'

With Love and Understanding

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins