Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No Problem Harv...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on August 24, 2001 01:50:18 UTC

I understand your sense of direction, and disputes. Listen, I have been pondering this/these thoughts for a few years. I have had a couple of internal battles with a few concepts pertaining to this "theory/theories", but a majority of what I've thought of, to me - in my mind, has been very solid and I'm very convinced that that's the way it went. It's ok, will we ever know the real truth? Maybe/maybe not.

In fairness to myself, I have to continue to let these questionable thoughts simmer on the "back burner", and come to the realization that the unstable "theories" may have to be let go. I will continue my journey.

But like all of us, I wonder. I am not a scientist, nor am I a theologian, and those who are, will have the best toolset to handle fitting the puzzle pieces together. They might never find out as well, but they will probably come very close. Will it be a battle between "belief" and "proof"?

Question:

Will a theologian ever gain proof through belief, and will a scientist ever gain belief through proof.

What I hope doesn't happen, is that we come to a war (in a sense) with the scientist on one side and the theologian on the other.

I would really like both to come together, aiding each other, carefully - they have to be careful, to find the answers.

My "Something out of Nothing", belief/theory is an attempt to travel down both paths, I my mind anyway.

Any more to add. I'm all ears.

GOD bless, goodnight, and have pleasant tomorrow. (Where have we heard that before)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins