Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
IN JISBOND'S DEFENSE

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on August 23, 2001 04:07:30 UTC

I am not a supporter of any killing for any reason, although my ancestors believe in the "Eye for an Eye" retributative equal. So I understand how you feel with respect to combat killing or other kind's of killing. It is a BIG no no... Absolutly No excuses...

BUT, IN JISBOND'S DEFENSE I SAY THIS...

I don't think that Jisbond and I are on the same religious wavelength by any means, and our ancestors have faught, in some cases, to the bone, and for thousands of years, BUT Jisbond, in every case (In this forum), I've felt, has honestly and whole heartedly given, what he thinks about my writings and thoughts, his opinion/wisdom with what makes sense to him WITHOUT giving me the feeling that he's trying to convert me, and he has NEVER made me feel or think that my religious beliefs are wrong. To my surprise, Jisbond has supported a decent portion of what I've said, because it is "Good driven", and makes sound sense with respect to religious foundation(s), and when he has an opposing viewpoint he respectfully and carefully states it in a manner which does not degrade my person nor my religion. Good for Jisbond. It takes a unique individual, especially coming from a very strong and planted religious background, to convey thoughts without prejudice and intent to damage a persons belief(s).

As a matter of fact. I see most "Words of GOD" as good, and I will examine, if you want to call it that, those writings and take what's good. For better understanding. Overboard I go again, but we are here to better ourselves, spread goodness, and insight understanding between people.

Jisbond always begins his responses with
"My Dear ???...". To me this is a sign of sincerity, and wanting peaceful accord during conversational congress.

So, I don't see Jisbond pushing his religion, and as far as the link to the "Combat...." site goes, I say that if you disagree with the intent of someone's content/meaning then I would suggest one of two measures.

a. Don't bring it up if you are bitter about it. This is contradictory to this/a discussion forum, but in my opinion, due to the sensitive nature of this forum and other peoples religious stances, great offense might be taken, and I'm sure you would not want to offend anyone/piss them off.

b. Find out more about where the other party is coming from (gain understanding first) and try to convey your dislike in a manner that does not offend/poke/provoke the other person. I read the "thread" above and I do see it conveyed with a quite bit of hatred. Ouch...

We don't need anymore unrest in the house. I don't necessarily agree with all actions/ ways of conduct either, nor do I condone it. But there must be a way to let someone know that you disapprove without kicking up dust....

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins