Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
One Obtains Most Information In The Same Scriptur(s).

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on August 22, 2001 04:13:03 UTC

We just have to read the scriptures in the right way. Most of us have been trained to read the scriptures the way the teachers have been taught to teach them (with racist innuendo or tone). I try to place myself in a position of an understanding in my God being most merciful and willing to save each stray (to use and expression: as it were a lost sheep) Human.

It may not be necessary to quote every reference where the prophets addressed the people, in the scriptures, with reference to their particular movement. One only has to read the scriptures to see that it was not the races of people who were being addressed but the movement(s) that some particular race or group had invented or adapted from some other group of people who were also in error.

Do you remember, reading in the scriptures, when Jesus (may peace and blessings of God be upon him) addressed the people whom he was attempting to guide? (He always addressed them by their titles such as: 'Lawyers', 'Doctors', 'Pharisees' etc.) (Jesus never addressed the people as: 'Africans', or 'Arians' or Canaanites' or 'Jebusites' or 'Ishmaelites' etc.).

Also Moses, when addressing the Pharaoh, never stated that the Egyptians were doomed because they were Egyptians, but because they worshiped false hand-made/ man- made gods.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins