Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Incorrect! : Research And Investigation Is "good"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on August 21, 2001 20:44:36 UTC

You alleged that this is the message that I am sending: ...'learning is good but research and investigation is bad for Islam'.

Incorrect! Incorrect! : Research and investigation is "good" if and when it is used to learn the truth for oneself (not to be forced upon others by threats or by guns) sake because there can be only one truth. Objectively or for the commonwealth of all humans, research and investigation and learning is by far the best way (and it should be the only way) to solve human relation crisis as well as for other beneficial reasons. (I am not talking about negotiations over property rights or rights to control territories etc.)

For example one should not use objective studying to learn on how one can destroy a particular group of people or animals. Another example is that ones' objective should not be to learn to develop a system of slavery or prostitution or corruptness of any kind that would demean a human life or even an animal life. (We see in India that humans and elephants work well together and they both complement one another in a working atmosphere i.e. they both have something to gain from one another. One dose not seek to destroy the other to have more room necessarily)

Respectfully

Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins