Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: A Few Thoughts

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard David/">Richard David on September 15, 1999 11:50:54 UTC

I believe in the Big-Bang as well as all religions and see no contradictions between scientific beliefs, and they are beliefs, and religious beliefs. In fact, I see religious scripture predicting many aspects of physics and cosmology long before science got around to discovering them. For example, the Jewish "Book of Creation" predicts a ten dimensional universe with six dimensions compactified some 600 years before the advent of superstring theory. Another well known example is the prediction in Hindu literature of the quark as the fundamental constituent of matter thousands of years ago. This forum has had debates over randomness as though it were anti-religious. Yet randomness is a principle of the Hindu religion. Specifically except for those who are with Krishna, read Christ if you like, the rest of us attain salvation in a random manner depending on whether we die when the sun is in the northern hemisphere or if the moon is waxing or if the air is clear, that is not full of smoke. In India the interpretation of smoke includes rain so that if you die during the monsoon season the chances are against your attaining salvation, alternative being rebirth. Anyway I see a tremendous correlation between the description of nature including evolution and the creation of the universe and science including cosmology. In fact I believe that God uses randomness or coincidences to guide the world. I see it in my own life and I presume that it pervades all life.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins