Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
InEquation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Garfinkle on August 15, 2001 07:45:51 UTC

-0+0=1 Represents an illogical equation, and so would 0=-1+1. Do you agree?

I don't find balance, on this side of the line (Existence), so to speak. But I do find balance on the 'Nothing Side'. Perfect balance.

I say that 'Nothing', from our perspective, even though it is perfect, would be illogical. We can't compute it. It does not make sense. I can see where you are coming from with your equation, it is also illogical. I will have to do some hard thinking about it because it also follows an illogical stream.

Question: What does the -1+1 represent, or does it represent anything at all.

Just a thought to ponder. (Off the beaten path a bit)

Isn't it amazing that the first elements on the periodic table are hydrogen & helium, the basic building blocks of nuclear furnaces (If you wish to call them that). Respectively, there atomic weights are 1 & 2. So simple, yet very dynamic and extreemly powerful. A stars stability depends on the balance of those two elements vs. other elements within any given star.

Let's ponder another thought. I don't know what your religious belief is, so I don't know how you will take this, but I will iterate anyway.

I think that when GOD set the universe in motion, GOD let kinetics take over, or shall I say, GOD let things happen on there own. I say in my original thread that I believe that GOD had to learn, and after GOD created the heavens and the earth, GOD let things happen according to natural laws. Imperfection flowers more imperfection. That's where I say there is no balance in our existance. The imbalance ranges from near perfect to catastrophic. In short, GOD pushed the first domino, and let the rest fall without aid. I say that GOD's push was not 'Dead on the money'. But that is what is so beautiful.

Human insight and perspective.

In any case, All of us, no matter what religious or non-religious background we have, will most likely wonder about those first and subsequent moments that bring us to 'The Now'. I would like to think that somewhere, buried inside ourselves, we have the knowledge as to where we came from and how it all began. I would hope, if that's the case, that it is possible to look down deep enough, to find those answers. I believe that it is 'Common Sense' driven, and an extreemly basic
and not complex in concept at all. That was the major road I traveled on, to come up with what I did (In the main discussion thread). I cannot fathom that it would be complex at all. Just as the foundation of any sun or galaxy etc. is built on those simple elements. Look at how powerful, and what type of impact hydrogen and helium have. So, I try and look backwards, or for the initial spark. Common sense drives me there. Unless it is absolute insanity, but that is relative as well.

All in all, I have to keep an open mind, as I hope we all do. My thinking could be way off, or it could be 'Right On', or somewhere in between Does it make a difference? Probably not. We are here, we are living, and some day, we will perish. That is the cycle. All of what we write here, in these forum(s) is fascinating, and fun to discuss.

I will definately, like I said, take a look at the 0=-1+1. I can't really discount it based on what I call 'My common sense'. But I felt I had to say my piece.

We are all searching for answers, no matter what the depth.

GOD and happiness your way...

rggarfinkle

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins