Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
“ONE GOD” Of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, And Muhammed And

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on August 11, 2001 02:02:25 UTC

... "The my god is better than your god is characteristic of ancient times. Yet it is still so prevalent today. And very clearly stated on this forum. Isn't it time for a supposedly scientific forum to get beyond the my god is better than your god way of thinking."

I hope that no one mis-understood any of the arguments to clear up what constitutes "THE REAL GOD" as an arguments to say who's god is better or worse. The point that you made about all of us wanting to believe in the same "ONE GOD" is well taken. I think we all wanted to get this matter straight because when one writes a thesis every one seemed or seems to have their own idea about GOD and for this reason we never get close to agree on anything. For this reason I made it my point to try and bring understanding between all of us that there is no shame in seeing (the universal title of those who have surrendered to the ORIGINAL “ONE GOD” of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammed and their progenies) Islam (which literally means of those who have surrendered to the one GOD in peace) as the reformer and confirmer of all the past scriptures. The Qura’n we say is the final testaments and that it clarifies the ambiguities, which crept up in to the older scriptures over time. The older scriptures clearly show us vague and sometimes humanistic description of our infinitely generous and merciful GOD who lives forever with out being subject to decay.

If our science should be pure and free of error; then our understanding of our creator should be pure and free of error. Is it not fair to ask oneself the haunting question of why mankind continually fails to use science purely for good and without side effects? (Just like an ill body: when we give it medicines there is almost always side effects. When we know that out of the many prophets which were sent many were able to heal the ill by simply asking GOD to do the repair work) (What I am saying here is that there can be no pure science or pure math when it is computed and ruled by humans since humans are subject to making errors in the science and in judgment for the proper use of it. For this reason as the population grows and as we get farther and farther from the path that our God has prescribed (based on a different science which we are not supposed to comprehend how it works but that we should just accept that it dose because GOD says so) we see that we are day by day closer to annihilating ourselves because of our own ignorance which is wholly derived from pure GREED for knowledge that only belongs to GOD ALLAH. (Another words, for some reason, most, at some point in their life, have wanted to know the secret of GOD. This is tantamount to heresy and rivalry against the omnipotent God [Allah, or by any other beautiful name]

Let us see if it is possible for all humans to one day have one universal definition for the "ONE GOD" until this happens then the whole foundation of science will continue to built on speculation and on trial and error findings almost always is fatal to one group or another or their surrounding.

With Love and Kindness

Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins