Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is Allah And The God Of Abraham One And The Same Being

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 9, 2001 19:59:24 UTC

Since Islam, Christianity and of course Judiasm all stem from Abraham, it seems highly likely that the god of all these religions is the same god. If we can get common agreement that all western gods are one and the same god, then we can consider the eastern gods. Afterall, Abraham can be interpretated as A Brahmin. Sometimes the messages sent to us are so clear that they go unnoticed.

My view as most of you know by now is that there is one god, if there is any at all. The question is binary, zero or one. It seems that almost everybody who contributes to this forum can accept a god that rules by mathematics, and by the laws of physics and chemistry, and that is nature or is behind natural causes. That is a very abstract god, like a clockmaker god that started the universe and then let it go on its merry way. The real question is if a creator god that includes all of this can also be intelligent and personable one, and communicate with us humans.

A god which is an abstract force is close to no god at all. I think most faithful people think of god as much more personable and able to be of help in their lives. For some time we on this forum have been debating the nature of god all the way from pure mathematics to pure coincidence. But now we are stumbling on the god of one religion versus another. Allah or Halla. We can overcome this impass if we could just agree that if there is a god, then it's one god and likely to be the same god for every religion. Otherwise, we are just using god to empower the people of one religion over others.

The my god is better than your god is characteristic of ancient times. Yet it is still so prevalent today. And very clearly stated on this forum. Isn't it time for a supposedly scientific forum to get beyond the my god is better than your god way of thinking.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins