Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Developing God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on August 7, 2001 12:14:13 UTC

My argument as you put it was just an observation that the god of various scriptures has mellowed over the time of recorded scripture. In the beginning of recorded scripture, almost regardless of religion, god was a ferocious god commanding genocide and death for all sorts of sins that are forgiven today. For most religions god has become the god of peace.

Allah seemingly only appears in recent scripture, at least by name, unless you allow that the god of Abraham was Allah. If so then the mellowing applies to Allah, but not nearly as much as in other religions where god became the god of peace. As far as I can tell Allah is still the god of war and no compromise. Is this true? If so, then I cannot understand how the god of war can be perfect.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins