Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Evidence For God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Joe Postma/">Joe Postma on September 8, 1999 16:23:53 UTC

Sometimes I wonder if all the people who try to refute evolution have even read The Origin of Species. This particular piece illustrates clearly the dismal understanding most people have of evolution, I can hardly even understand what it is you are trying to say. Of course evolution is not random, just like any other physical process anywhere. But how is this in any way evidence for a creator, and not simply indicative of a natural physical and logical process inherent to existence, that modern physics may one day explain quantitatively? It seems you are imposing your personal beleifs and spiritualism onto nature. This is not science or logic or intellectualism. It is the opposite of all those. I believe in nothing, and I don't know the exact answer as to why nature exists, but in all probablilty, looking at history and how our understanding of nature, and of God, has changed, we are here probably because of some physical process that we can understand, not some super-natural event that requires faith and a personal spiritualism to comprehend. Read the book, it'll do ya some good.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins