Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Fear Has Nothing To Do With It

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on August 3, 2001 00:31:41 UTC

I can't speak for Alex, but mainly the reason why I don't believe is it's irrational to. There is no concrete proof for the existence of God, so I have no reason to assume he exists. Oh sure, we can speculate, and as long as we admit it's just speculation everything's fine.

Are you a scientologist? Were you a member of Heaven's Gate? Why not? Wouldn't you say that the evidence for their beliefs are at least as good as those of organized religion?

The only thing that seperates religions today from any crazy deluded cult is the number of followers it has and how old it is. Christianity is acceptable because it has billions of followers and is thousands of years old. Scientology is not acceptable because it is minor and new. Don't you see the gaps in logic here?

The only effective argument for the existence of God is one apart from religion: a secular God, for lack of a better term. I don't deny God's existence, but with no evidence why believe it? Just for the nice warm feeling it gives you?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins