Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
(i.Assuming If The Right Experiment Were Done!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on July 29, 2001 15:01:27 UTC

Harv,

Now that is a pretty big assumption wouldn't you say? Who in the world would perform such an experiment so long as the question as to why the equation is correct cannot be understood? More jokes Harv? To expect any such event to occur during my lifetime is about as rational as expecting Christ to walk into my kitchen this afternoon.

You know, if you go back to Newton's critics, you will find that numerical differences between the epicycle predictions and his predictions were brought forth as evidence that his theory was wrong. People believe what they believe. Actually, no one on earth has any control at all over what they believe; that's why we have the word convinced in our vocabulary.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins