Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Just Described The Scientific Process

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 28, 2001 00:57:21 UTC

"I object to being called an acolyte for Dick."

Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't mean any offense. When I do, you'll usually know it. It was a bad quasi-joke.

"I was quite surprised that by age 30 or something there was little of any value in science for me to learn.... The thing that bothers me has nothing to do with science in particular, it has to do with people's attutide regarding knowledge in general.....avoid as many assumptions as you can, and be very careful about those you can't. Define your problem correctly, don't miss any details. Then watch the solution drop out by itself."

Well, as far as I can tell that is the trial and error by guess and by golly method that Dick spends so much time attacking. Maybe I'm misreading you. But what you just described, the attempted purity of logic in science, is the ultimate goal of scientific research. And it is attained through trial and error.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins