Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Careful, Harv :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on July 26, 2001 15:40:21 UTC

Harv,

If Dick was not in his best behaviour, I would suspect he would reply to you as he did countless times before: you have no idea what he's talking about. I mean that with the best of intentions (yeah, the kind of stuff the road to hell is paved with :)

I do think Dick has something very important to say, and I think it's a shame nobody is listening. I didn't suddenly become his advocate, I have posted on the internet for some time now and I never, ever saw anything of any substance being said. Everything you read on the internet is just a bad rehash of what's already been said many times before. Dick has offered something which is new and has tremendous potential for everyone, it would be a shame if his ideas were wasted.

I criticized his ideas before, and hope he will still welcome more criticism. However, the point of my criticism was to make his work appear less fantastical, I was actually trying to help him although I probably failed to make that clear.

Well, so much for proselytism, I just think Dick is not a crackpot despite his efforts to look like one. He's a serious, extremely objective thinker with plenty of original points of view on old problems. His only serious fault is pushing rational thought beyond most people's comfort zone. Oh, and a wicked sense of humour :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins