Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No One Should Worry About Upsetting Me!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on July 23, 2001 16:19:02 UTC

Adriana,

I can't speak for others but I personally am completely harmless. When I was young I used to think about politics and what kind of government was best. A long time ago it finally dawned on me that there exists only one type of government that has ever existed or will ever exist.

People have political power because they have friends who support them who have political power; it is essentially a feudal thing. It makes no difference whether you are talking about a government, a religion, a business, a club or a family, all organizations function by exactly the same rules. Any time the published rules do not reflect that structure, then the real power is behind the scenes.

I just consider myself lucky to exist at a time and place to have such a good time. -- It's pure luck and nothing else. If there were any intelligence behind it the social problems of the world would have been solved 5,000 years ago. Now that's just an opinion - worth exactly what you paid for it.

Have fun -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins