Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here's A Bone

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on July 20, 2001 16:43:17 UTC

Dick,

Just so you can see all is not lost, let me summarize your position as I understand it in my own words:

All that we (CS) see is an interpreted to us (CS) by our subconscious minds (SC). Our subconscious mind (SC) is not reliable and there is no way to validate the claims outside of tautological statements that are true by definition or deduction from definitions (and axioms). For example, mathematics comprises a formal system of definitions and deductions that we (CS) can follow through and validate.

What you have done is take this formal system of tautologies and developed theorems *within* that formal system of mathematics that match many of the well-known equations of physics. You haven't made any other assumptions other than what is allowed within mathematics, therefore your work indicates that physics itself is a tautology of the formal system of mathematics.

Those physics equations, as we (CS) interpret it, is thus able to treat the physical equations as a tautology instead of as unverfiable conclusions of our subconscious minds (SC). The implication is that physics is true by definition (and deduction).

Am I getting closer?

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins