Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Verdict Is Innocent By Reason Of Insanity

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 18, 2001 19:17:08 UTC

The lynchpin of the christian faith rests in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. If true, it is the key to authenticating His message. Why? Because it would demonstrate dominion over the physical world in a way not explainable by man.

I agree. But that's still not a defense of your faith. All you said is "if Jesus really was ressurected, that would validate Christian faith." I agree, but there's a pretty big "IF" in your argument.

"Evidence that demands a verdict" by Josh McDowell, is an excellent book written to skeptics of the Christian faith. I would ask you to read this book if you care about why Christianity is not a "blind" faith, but a "confident" faith.

I'll have to check it out, but if you can, justify your faith here. I always find arguments more enlightening when they're in a more conversational tone, like this forum, as opposed to a philosophical book, where you're being talked at and can't stop the author to say "Hey! That makes no sense!"

Oh, and don't take my post title the wrong way. I have this neurological disorder where if I see an opportunity to make an obnoxious comment, I have to. Nothing personal. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins