Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Meet Alex2

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on July 18, 2001 19:02:36 UTC

Alex,

I want you to meet Alex2. He lives in a universe far, far away. His universe seems as normal to him as our universe seems to us, but there is one major difference. His universe has a totally different geometry than our Einsteinian SR/GR universe at the macroscale and Hilbert space (QM) universe at the microscale. No, his universe is based on Lobachevskii geometry at both macro and micro scales. Unfortunately the mathematicians wihtin Alex2's world are not as clever as our mathematicians and they haven't *yet* thought of Euclidean or Reimannian geometry. The ideas of SR, GR, QM, QED, (etc) are far removed from his everyday experience.

Now, I can't tell you too much about Alex2's universe, but I can only tell you that the geometry is Lobachevskii based. Most of the other complex details on how this works requires mathematics that is far from our most wildest experience. Like I said, his universe is far, far away.

I did hear a rumor about this Alex2. He evidently believes that no other geometry besides the one he experiences in day to day life (i.e., Lobachevskii based) is the *only* possible spatial geometry possible. Alex2 lives so far from our universe that he is simply unaware of our Lorenzian universe. Too bad for Alex2, huh?

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins