Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Evidence That Demands A Verdict

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Russell Carroll on July 18, 2001 17:34:55 UTC

The lynchpin of the christian faith rests in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. If true, it is the key to authenticating His message. Why? Because it would demonstrate dominion over the physical world in a way not explainable by man.

Everyone is subject to the properties of the observable universe (gravity for example). I would be anxious to listen to someone who had the power to defy natural forces. That would be called a miracle in christian parlance.

"Evidence that demands a verdict" by Josh McDowell, is an excellent book written to skeptics of the Christian faith. I would ask you to read this book if you care about why Christianity is not a "blind" faith, but a "confident" faith. I, myself, sought out to understand what was being said, and new that I had been betrayed by my anti-God upbringing in the hard sciences. Contempt prior to investigation...that is closed-minded.

Russ

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins