Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Quick Answer To Mike.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on July 11, 2001 17:29:59 UTC

Mike, I have two bibles on my desk: King James version (with the Bible dictionary at the end) and russian version of Bible.

And I read it from time to time, because I like mythology - may be because from early ages I liked fairy tales in which good was always rewarded and evel punished - in reverse to real life. And I read a lot of them too.

My faforite verse is this: "And a god said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them to have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, ann over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that cripeth upon the earth. (Gen., 1.26)

So god created man in his OWN image, in the image of god created he him; male and female created he them. (1.27)"

So, obviousely man looks exactly like god according to god's own words.

After that god was so busy with creating flora and rain that he completely forgot that he had already created female, and he created female once again (so now there were 2 females and 1 male): "And the lord god caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof (Gen., 2.21)
And the rib, which the lord god taken from the man, made he a woman, and brought her into the man. (2.22)"

Now, do you have a physics textbook around your place with the description of fundamentals (origin of natural laws like conservation laws and inverse square law, relativity principles, origin of forces, etc) or any good physics textbook at all - so we can talk on equal footing?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins