Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Rely Too Much On Math

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Banks on July 11, 2001 04:41:27 UTC

"In math plus infinity is treated exactly the same as minus infinity."

What about imaginary numbers? Those are "made up", hence "imaginary". These numbers don't apply in real life(if I'm wrong correct me please).

I'm talking about reality. It's easy to work backwards in math and say time is always finite. But time doesn't go backwards, only forwards. So you can't really use this math to work backwards.

Think about what you are saying! There was no beginning because the universe has always existed(it is infinite). Saying the past is infinite is saying an infinite ended at the present. You cannot say both. It's called self contradiction. I suggest you spend a day reading that sentence and thinking on it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins