Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: If There Is No God...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by richard david/">richard david on August 18, 1999 11:47:26 UTC

: : : ...what is the ultimate purpose of my existance?

: : don't respond with a coy remark, such as:

: : "who say's there is a purpose?" etc...

: there really is no ultimate purpose

::Cynthia,if you mean an intelligent being that created the universe as God, then although I think there may be such a being, what really counts for me is the existence of a supernatural world that is populated by lessor yet intelligent beings, some of whom were formerly human in their physical existence. Meaning is preserved if what we think of as God is really nature, a nature that includes both physical and non-physical worlds in which our consciousness survives and continues to evolve. That's enough for me. How about you? Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins