Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Not Saying That

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Banks on July 9, 2001 20:11:36 UTC

I'm not saying I'm right about infinite time, it may be possible. But with my argument and no one proving it wrong, it's easy to see how impossible it is.

The only thing I can really suggest is that a spirtual world would be different than our physical world. According to the bible, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." In the beginning of what? Apparently it must be time, at least in this universe.

Maybe God is in the past, present, and future. I don't really know, and I'm not 100% sure God does exist. If God is in the past, present, and future, then there is a possiblity for a being to be infinite I would think. I can probably never comprehend the possiblity of being in the past, present, and future at once. Maybe that's how God can see the future. Maybe that's why the basic rules of time wouldn't apply to God. Not a conclusion, just an idea.

Indeed, I do come to the thought of how God can exist for infinite as well. The only idea I can come up with is that an eternal God is not within our concept of time. I'm not arguing the existance of God right now, I'm arguing the possiblity of an infinite time line.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins