Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Kicking The Horse

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by daViper on August 13, 1999 02:07:22 UTC

: Like the Earth was flat? : P.s. Who or WHAT are YEC's? Thanks.

::::::::::::::: Young Earth Creationist's. You know, those idiots that ignore science entirely to push the idea that the Earth is 6000 years old.

Decendants of the same crowd you speak of here, the flat Earthers, and "Earth at the Center of the Universe" mentality, also known as Ptolemysm after the Ptolemic view that held until Copernicus and Gallileo.

The YEC's have about as much common sense as those earlier fundamentalists that simply would not accept reality in spite of the facts. It wasn't in their religion.

Well, my dear old Grandmother used to tell me when I was a child, that man would never go to the moon because it wasn't in the Bible. Used to get mad and yell at me for saying she was wrong because she was a goo Christian and knew better, and I'd better not argue with the Lord. Then she sat right there in front of her TV and watched it happen as it unfolded.

I forgave her anger because she was my Grandmother. That was the last ounce of forgivness I have for the bat blind ignorance and type of unrealized lack of integrity pushed by the YEC's these days tho.

It's an asinine view and I've long since lost my tolerance of those who try to cram it down everyone else's throught.

You want to to believe it? Fine. Keep it to yourself, your home, your heart, and your church where it belongs, and OUT of the public education system where it DEFINETELY does not.

It's mythology and has no place in the education of Science any more than the Greek and Roman God myths do any more.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins