Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Nostradamus/Not Safe Yet

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by daViper on August 4, 1999 19:11:28 UTC

: Perhabs its a bit early to be pleased. : The exact time a war started is allways for historians to decide. : Like in 1914 when what´s his name was killed in : Sarajevo, every historian will tell you the start : of WW I started at that moment. But I bet in 1914 : nobody knew (aside from the politicians). : Same goes for WWII, can you tell the month it started? : Was it when Hitler came to power? Or when he : annexed Austria? Or when he invaded TsechoSlovakia? : Or when he invaded Poland?

: Perhabs in 2050 the historians will say WW III started : in July 1999 because .....

: Gerwin :::::::::::: Well, even so, I'd be happy if anyone could explain by just what magical mystical methodology anyone thinks they can predict the future regarding anything.

I'll predict the Sun will rise again tommorrow as it has been known to do daily. That's an easy one any fool can predict.

Claiming to be able to predict what mankind will specifically do several years from now is right up there with Used Car Salesmen and Snake Oil Hucksters however.

Various so called religious leaders, self-proclaimed seers and prophets of doom have come and gone over the millenia, and not a single one of them has ever been right about predicting anything.

Makes you wonder why so many of them continue to try even today.

Is called self-delusion.

Peace.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins