Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Quantifying God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 1, 2001 11:17:27 UTC

First of all, it is wonderful to hear from Jisbond again. I for one really missed your posts.

Not that we always agree. And you post above grings our differences to mind. You are of the Allah says BE school. Creation must be a snap of the fingers in this school of thought. God is the master of all, and at the same time communicates personally, or at least, hears all.

My intuition suggests that it's more like god is the master mathematician. So good, and having disguised reality in so many layers of obtuse mathematics and uncertainty principles, that the keenest human minds have not yet figured it all out. Actually it is amazingly good fortune that our universe should be ruled by rather simple mathematics, that which lies behind classical physics. But that math is just the veneer, just the surface of a terribly complex web of relationships in 26 dimensions that we have yet to figure out.

But we are getting close, so we think, which is like getting close to god the master mathematician. But on the other hand, we may never get there. We may reach diminuishing returns with string and quantum gravity theory and never figure it all out. Then I suppose it would be time for the master mathematician to appear in the flesh and just tell us how it all works. Wouldn't that be remarkable. The master moralist already appeared 2,000 years ago. For example, Einstein just told us how classical physics really works. But he was not a good enough mathematician to solve his own equations.

So rather than an all-powerful god operating in this universe, I see a rather self-limiting one at work, who must obey the same laws of math and physics that the rest of us follow. So god or consciousness, can help guide any particular island of consciousness, such as exists on earth, but ultimately we humans have the collective power to survive or commit mass suicide. We now live in an age where math and science have made those choices realistic. God, be there one, has built good and evil into the system, and left the choices up to us.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins