Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Earth Provides Good Training

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 29, 2001 00:23:40 UTC

for the work of heaven.

To reply to Stormcloud

If I had good reasons for my beliefs, they would be knowledge rather than beliefs. I believe in what I hope is true. I know what is tested. No need for belief in tested facts.

But Alexander really said it for me. Intuitively I see earth as a preparation for continued work of more or less the same nature in heaven. My limited experience with disembodied spirits leads me to believe that one of their strongest attributes in knowing what humans are thinking. As a result, anyone who can tap into that knowledge possesses an edge.

But more likely, the so-called spirits can infuse that knowledge into the intuition of selected humans to mke things go their way. In my case they just told me, but they might also affect my intuition as I have always succeeded through spontaneous creativity rather than memory and knowledge. In plain english I am actually rather stupid. It's amazing that I was able to get a PhD in physics from one of the better universities in the world.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins