Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
So Many Ways To Respond

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 25, 2001 11:53:57 UTC

But I will just respond the to possibility of contradiction, contradiction between what Jesus said and what Christianity has become. Jesus was very clear that you have to keep all the laws of Moses for salvation. He added emphasis on the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. And he added a few extra laws like love your enemy and judge not lest you be judged. But love you neighbor was said twice by Moses, or I should say recorded twice. And love the lord your god with all your heart and all your soul and all your might is the central mantra of all Judiasm.

So the point is that Christians do not keep all the laws of Moses. So according to Jesus they cannot get salvation. I have been trying to get the Christians who contribute to this forum to comment on this major contradiction between what Jesus teached and what Christians do, but every attempt has terminated a string. But you are apparently new blood here. How do you resolve that contradiction?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins