Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think So

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on June 20, 2001 20:10:19 UTC

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your comment.

Did you see my argument to Harv that the equation of a circle cannot make a circle? If you did, you did not comment on it. Let me ask you this.

Of the circles, or at least the approximations of circles, we find in nature, they are all produced by some physical system such as compasses and paper, plotters and paper, bubbles and water, etc. Some of them, for example the ones produced by a plotter, may have been generated with the aid of an equation of a circle, or an algorithm which uses the equation of a circle.

But it is the evolution of the physical system that produced the circle. The equation by itself cannot produce a circle without some kind of physical system acting on the medium on which the circle eventually appears.

Even if the equation of the circle could somehow spontaneously generate a circle, the equation itself needs to be somewhere, doesn't it? How can there even be an equation for a circle without some physical system embodying the symbols of the equation?

The same questions apply to your 1=object, 0=no object formula. Even if it could exist in the absence of anything physical or real, how can it spontaneously begin to act and create anything physical or real?

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins