Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Need Help From Real Scientists... Hercolubus??? Barnard??

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by daViper on August 1, 1999 21:55:18 UTC

: Hello,

: I am writting an article for a local Columbus, OH paper and am in need of your help. The article is about prophecies of the end of the world. My question concerns one theory that seems to be very popular and that involves a planet called "HErcolubus" (apparently that's what is called by groups called Gnostics. They claim the scientists call this planet Barnard I), whose orbit supposedly gets really close to the earth periodically, causing great disasters in our earth...

: After investigating, it turns out there IS a star called Barnard, and it seems that the existance of the planet Barnard I is not certain. I didn't find any scientific sites that talk about it getting close to earth.

: So, have any of you heard anything about any of this???

: Any help would be appreciated.

: Thanks in advance!!!

: Juan Miranda

:::::::::::::: You can seed any search engine on the net with "Barnard's Star" and gett all the scientific data known to date on it.

If you're looking for data on Hercolubus, you don't need a scientist, you an expert in Gnostic religion.

Try searching the net with either of these words and see what you come up with.

The internet is a great source for info on just about anything. All you have to do is go looking. Not that everything you find will have integrity or even be accurate, but you get to sort that out for yourself.

Enjoy.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins