Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Let Us Please Be Rational!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on June 18, 2001 14:33:14 UTC

Hi Dick,

>>>Let us speak of “the basis for existence”. I hold that no matter what any discussion concerns, if one proceeds towards underlying basics, one will eventually reach a point where the only rational answer is “I do not understand that”. That point I refer to as the Great Original Dilemma. I claim that issue is your fundamental basis for existence. I am quite willing to use the shorthand “God” to represent that concept so long as you admit you do not understand the powers of “God”.>The thing I argue with is the stupidity of claiming to be able to explain what you do not understand! If you are intelligent you will cease with the comment “I do not understand that!” At that point, there is nothing more to say!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins