Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Maybe It's Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Bob Sal on June 12, 2001 15:26:46 UTC

Hi All;
I don't get it! I come to an Astronomy sight and find more amateur Theologians than amateur Astronomers. I just thought most of the traffic would be about Astronomy, not Philosophy and Theology. Don't get me wrong here. I have nothing against these subjects and this is a forum for this subject matter. But I come here to see if anyone else saw NGC5353/54 "The Leopards Eyes" this weekend, or Mars, or resolved a single star in M107. Noone seems interested. Most of the posts are quoting scripture. Maybe it's me! Perhaps I should go back to my bible, maybe Moses saw NGC5353. I must have missed his discription. There are some people interested in equipment compairsons and telescope making, great! But where are the real observers. People who's blood surges, adrenaline starts pumping when they see a 14th magnitude galaxy, a double star split at one acr second, M13 sparkling at the zenith or the Veil Nebula hanging like a lock of blond hair from 52 Cygnes. Again, I'm not saying this is an irrelevant discussion. It's very relevant, I should know, I lead a Bible discussion group. I just can't believe the number of people who come here to an Astronomy web sight to argue Philosophy and Theology rather than discuss Observational Astronomy. I would think this more of a side point, not the crux of the discussions. After all, why do we do this? To observe! Anyway, hope to see some of your observations in the new Observation Forum. Didn't any one of the 12 new posts here get out this weekend with a telescope and look at something? If you did, I'd sure like to hear about it. Clear Skies.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins